Can't Believe How Cheap Some Equipment Is Online

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

crazychris

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Buying filters and heaters online is usually much cheaper than your local lfs. Just seen an Aqua-Flow 100 filter by Superfish for £7.49 and it's £19.99 in my lfs!! You can make big savings on heaters too. I bought a brand new 150w Visitherm last week for £11.49 from an Ebay seller, an aquatic centre, and they're well over £24 in most places, even Pets At Home. My lfs does them for £26.99. :rolleyes: Who else buys thing like these online? Even with 2 to 3 quid P&P they're still far cheaper.

I know people say to support your lfs to keep them open but surely if you can buy for half the price it's better? Why don't the lfs owners cut their prices a little bit? Yes they have overheads but they must be making a very big profit on each one sold.

i buy everything online as its way cheaper.
i brought a brandnew fluval 305 from ebay for £60 and there £85 at my lfs

I always buy online,i think all my filters,heaters and parts came from internet. :good:

When i got my first external last year it was selling for £125 in the lfs and i got it £55 from zooplus with free p&p!

i bought a u4 off fleabay first night it was fine last night huge noise from it all night was up until 3:30 am trying to fix it i gave up and took it out but the guy i bought it off has a no return policy so just make sure you check everything out before you buy of fleabay.

i have bought other stuff for dirt cheap and its all being great i just got unlucky this time :)

in touch with fluval customer service so far there trying to help but i know what the problem is and it cant be fixed by turning the motor upside down in some water :p

Ash

i bought a u4 off fleabay first night it was fine last night huge noise from it all night was up until 3:30 am trying to fix it i gave up and took it out but the guy i bought it off has a no return policy so just make sure you check everything out before you buy of fleabay.

i have bought other stuff for dirt cheap and its all being great i just got unlucky this time :)

in touch with fluval customer service so far there trying to help but i know what the problem is and it cant be fixed by turning the motor upside down in some water :p

Ash

Sorry to hear that. Never had any trouble with Fluvals but haven't bought any of the U series yet.

its a great filter but it the motor hits some of the plastic in mine or something like that if the guy wont replace it for me ill just sand the hell out of it till it stops making that noise :D

fluval wont replace it for me either :(
so looks like its up to the fleabay seller :(

Ash

its a great filter but it the motor hits some of the plastic in mine or something like that if the guy wont replace it for me ill just sand the hell out of it till it stops making that noise :D

fluval wont replace it for me either :(
so looks like its up to the fleabay seller :(

Ash
claim through paypal

ill have a look at that if he refuses to help me thanks sorry i hijacked your thread ill stop now

so yeah buying online :good:

Ash

ill have a look at that if he refuses to help me thanks sorry i hijacked your thread ill stop now

so yeah buying online :good:

Ash

How long have you had it? If under a year then it's guaranteed by the manufacturer but te seller should replace it for you as he's the one who sold you it! I'd contact him again as it's obviously faulty.

2 days! lol

he was saying its not his problem so i set my gf on him who can be very persuasive in that amazing way women can be :lol: she sent me what she sent to him on ebay via yahoo and by god i would not want to be on the receiving end of that :good:

Reckon she will have a replacement on the way for me by the end of the day lol

We will see :)

Ash

I do a lot of my fish shopping on eBay now. I bought a 250ml of conditioner from Maidenhead for £7.99
And I can buy the same brand in a 500ml bottle for just £8.99 off eBay!

James.

dont know how but she managed to get my a full refund and i get to keep the filter :good: fluval will send him a new one but not me :S

So yeah turned out great i love shopping online again! :p

Ash

Most reactions

trending

Back