Canned Tuna

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
I was wondering if anyone thought it would be alright if I threw a couple little peices of canned tuna in my tanks for a treat for the fishes....


I would use the tuna "in water" not oil and make sure it didn't have any other additaves in it..
 
I was wondering if anyone thought it would be alright if I threw a couple little peices of canned tuna in my tanks for a treat for the fishes....


I would use the tuna "in water" not oil and make sure it didn't have any other additaves in it..
should be fine, my rams used to love it :good:
 
Ive just thrown some in for mine, they go nuts for it. So yep its fine.
 
Nice, thanks guys.

I just checked and unfortunatly the only Tuna I have right now has expired in 06 so the treat will have to wait :(

I checked the ingrediants and even though its the "in water" kind it says it contains vegitable broth( lots of sodium)

Would this be a major problem? I could rinse it out really well and squeeze all the liquid out...
 
Well sodium is salt of course..I'd say just give it a really good wash and squeeze out . Should be fine as you're just feeding a little as a treat, not dumping the whole tin in there.
 
i started using it, and like truck said, my ram also loves it :)
 
thanks everyone.

I can't wait to see them go nuts for it. I almost want to run up to the store just to grab some for them. Today is a boring day so it would add some excitment.
 
I would give mine some but the price of tuna went up in recent years...

Gotta catch it on sale and stock up if you also like to eat it like your fish do. Aparrently it doesn't expire.

I was just speaking with someone and they said the 2006 date on my cans are the Packing Date.

Sure enough when I looked it said PD 02-26-2006.

Will feed all my tanks here in a bit and see how it goes :)
 
just fed some to my betta and he doesnt look good!

just lying ontop of the filter


uuuhhh ohhhh.... how much did you feed him????

was yours "in oil" or "in water"?

and did you rinse it very very well?

I have 2 boy bettas that I was gonna feed a bit too but now??????? maybe not
 
it was in oil but i rinsed it really well and i mean well!

i just put in a flake into his tank which contains harlequins corys otos and he had a little bit. all the other fish seem fine

i also fed it to my ram who is fine

he just looks like he has eaten too much and need a rest
 
it was in oil but i rinsed it really well and i mean well!

i just put in a flake into his tank which contains harlequins corys otos and he had a little bit. all the other fish seem fine

i also fed it to my ram who is fine

he just looks like he has eaten too much and need a rest
how often are you feeding him bloodworms?
 
it was in oil but i rinsed it really well and i mean well!

i just put in a flake into his tank which contains harlequins corys otos and he had a little bit. all the other fish seem fine

i also fed it to my ram who is fine

he just looks like he has eaten too much and need a rest


LOL

if the others seem fine- he probablly just needs time to digest it. Im sure tuna is quite rich to them espcially if there not use to it.

Did it seem like he enjoyed it???
 
last time i fed bloodworms was about a week ago

he looked like he enjoyed it, went straight for it
 

Most reactions

Back
Top