Can You Name This Fish?

Brette

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Over the weekend I bought 4 very small fish, they might be young and I believe they were mislabeled at the store. They called them "lamp eye tetras" but when I did a search on the net, the fish didn't match up at all. Lamp eye tetras on the net have red eyes and look like..well like tetras. The fish i bought are slender, look like minnows, tiny, less than an inch long, a bit transparent and have a bright, bluish neon spot on their eyes.

I'll try to upload a picture later,
anyone have any guesses as to what it might be?
 
Micropanchax macrophthalmus
lampeye panchax AKA normans lampeye AKA normans killifish

A killifish and not a tetra
 
Micropanchax macrophthalmus
lampeye panchax AKA normans lampeye AKA normans killifish

A killifish and not a tetra

ding ding ding! We have a winner! Here's a picture (these aren't mine but I googled normans kilifish and this is what I got. This is what i have.)

lampeyekilifish.jpg

thanks guys!
 
timmy, how could you ever doubt the wolf man.
 
that one was too easy guys
lampeye killies are more often than not labled as lampeye tetra in shops.
the first lfs I worked in just labled tham as lamp-eye fish lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top