Can You Id These Eggs? Catfish?

Mylesmom08

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, long story short I was just getting ready to plant new plants and turned over my driftwood to spot these two little guys. I have no idea what sort of eggs these are, im not trying to breed anything? 
noexpression.gif
 lol the only thing I can think of is my false juliee (sp?) corydoras because the anubias and driftwood is under my filters heavy current.

Otherwise there are two small juvenille angelfish which im pretty sure are too young to pair up, neon tetras, and odessa barbs. the rest of the Tmates are solo fish, like a snail (who ive had forever and never laid a single egg so Im pretty sure its a dude 
cool1.gif
 ) a small rainbow shark, and BN pleco. I have no interest in breeding or raising babies so Im just leaving them their for nature to take its course.

010_zps7fd8848f.jpg

011_zps29b3c527.jpg

hmm cories usally spawn on the glass and the schooling fish are egg scatterers so id sail maybe the snails not a dude or angel eggs IMO.

Can the angels really have spawned already? My ma and pa LFS has a beauttiiiffuull breeding pair of marble angelfish and I have been on the waiting list for months waiting for their next spawn and their babies to be old enough to be sold, and I literally just got the call like last week or two ago and picked them up the same day they decided they were old enough to sell, so they are still young. Is it possible for them to mature so early? and the eggs look more like silicone - is that what snail eggs look like? lol

i dont think its snail, it could just be the female angel laying infertile eggs possibly.

Ok well while I was typing this up, the purpitrator left another egg... and I missed it! Its def not the snail now though, cuz hes busy stealing my plecos algae wafer lol Ill definitely look into that. Thanks

It doesn't look like any snail I've ever seen, they typically lay in clutches. They look the most like angel eggs, their age would also explain why there's so few of them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back