Can you help identify this aquarium wood?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TamarackTTC

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the group. I used to have a few tanks, but took some time off because I had kids. Now I'm starting a tank again and need some help identifying this wood. Is it bogwood, mopani wood,
malaysian wood, or something else?

Thanks for your help!

IMG_3222.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
malaysian wood, or something else?

Thanks for your help!

But does it has such a big matter for you?)) If you like how it looks you can put it in your aquarium without a hitch. In my opinion, these woods will give very beautiful see for your aquarium. And try to buy multicolor fishes, they really look beautiful. I'd add also some live reefs and rocks. If you want to know where to buy it so visit site. I like how it looks because this live rock attach natural feelings.

But does it has such a big matter for you?)) If you like how it looks you can put it in your aquarium without a hitch. In my opinion, these woods will give very beautiful see for your aquarium. And try to buy multicolor fishes, they really look beautiful. I'd add also some live reefs and rocks. If you want to know where to buy it so visit site. I like how it looks because this live rock attach natural feelings.
This is not necessarily true, some woods, even some that are sold for aquariums are toxic to fish @Byron may be able to identify it

Oh lol I didnt see the date of the original

I've been active on TFF since before 2017, odd I never saw this then. Now that the thread has resurfaced, and I was mentioned...that looks like Malaysian Driftwood and I have used it for years with no problems. Can't tell from the photo, but if it is heavy-ish and immediately sinks in the tank, it is MD. This wood needs no soaking to waterlog it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back