Can You Guys See This?

I can see it, Page looks pretty good but there may be a few issues. because of the frames when you minimize the page it tends to look kinda odd. The most effective way to do it is use <div> tags and CSS to align everything giving a much nicer feel to the page. If you keep the frame I would suggest making it so that their are only 2 of them since when you load a page into the middle one it doesn't flow that well with the page. Over all though the page looks good, just keep in mind also that each browser may view your page different. IE6 is still very widely used and is known for rendering pages different then Firefox and IE7.
 
I just tested it in IE6 and the page shows up blank, is that the browser you used? Firefox it shows up fine in.

Looking at the code I believe it is because you used the <frame> for the whole page and didnt use <body> anywhere. I dont know if thats the case for sure but its a start.
 
k, thanks. That might be why it's not working because it will load the single pages (which are simple). Yep, I'm using IE6.

Not too experienced with web design, but I'll try again with something else. I tried the Frontpage layout tables but they were a disaster, screwed up all over the place. I went with the frames because I figured anybody using 1024x768 or less (which is not that many these days) would still be able to see the whole layout, it would just appear with scrollboxes all over it.
 
with multiple scroll boxes on a page it starts to loose appeal. Most people when they go web browsing are looking for a appealing page to get there information from, many people go by first glace. If you have any questions on any web design I know CSS and HTML pretty well. I dont use programs like dreamweaver and have done web design by typing (with some copy and paste) everything. If your willing to start from scratch on design I would suggest a lot of CSS since it makes things alot easier. It allows you to make bulk changes at once instead of changing everything one by one.

My usual goal is to use 3 main <dev> tags

they look like this:

<div id="header" />

<div id="menu" />

<div id="main" />

I put information into the 3 area and align them in there own spots on the page. A simple example of this is here:

http://cs.clark.edu/~mwood7553/

it was something I put together in about an hour in class. The difficult part is making the CS work properly and viewable in multiple browsers. The main problem with browser compatablity is that not every browser reads the same CSS and tags. <frame> is a great example since IE sometimes wont even show them at all if there is any issues at all.

Just ask me anything you need help with.
 
Not sure if a false positive but Avira just found *something* (sorry I pressed deny access one of those stupid finger reflex things) now your frame doesn't load up.
 
page is blank and i get a virus warning from avira something to do with a html script virus?

it says 'contains recognition pattern of the html/infected.webpage.gen html script virus'
 
Darn it, I wanted to check out the website and now I'm too chicken...
(This isn't even my 'puter I'm monopolizing.)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top