Can you crossbreed a platy and molly???

no the tigers and lions have been and can have more of the one species than the other eg stripes but a maine etc and the donkey zebras are more common than you think

I have actually seen the donkey/zebra mix in a zoo, as well as seeing the lion/tiger miz on the Animal Planet. I'm sure you could find pics on the internet somewhere.

Here's a ZeDonk and her proud parents.
Zeedonkfamily.jpg

And here's a couple of Ligers
full_patrick.jpg

sudan2yrs.jpg

And I couldn't find a picture of a Molly/Swordtail cross, but here's one of a male guppy/molly hybrid.
molly.gif

(Or so the site said)

OMG they are wonderful.

the zedonk foal i love the strippy legs.

I acherly amaized you can see features from both speshis in the Ligers.

not shore about the mollie/guppie though.

thanks for posting these pics for me :kewlpics: :cool: :D

ruffmeister said:
its like cats and dogs breeding they might mate but their young will never survice because of the shape and size difference same as with platys and mollies they are just not able to carry til birth
Where the helll did u hear that! thats like humans and bears dude. :rofl:

SirMinion said:
Here's a ZeDonk and her proud parents.
Zeedonkfamily.jpg

And here's a couple of Ligers
full_patrick.jpg

sudan2yrs.jpg

And I couldn't find a picture of a Molly/Swordtail cross, but here's one of a male guppy/molly hybrid.
molly.gif

(Or so the site said)
those r so fake dude. If they were real they would be picture fo them everywhere...and the liger is off napleon Dynamite :lol: :rofl:

Do you believe in mules mvm? Pretty much the same concept, the reason they aren't everywhere is because most mammel hybrids are sterile. Some simple research would keep you from putting your foot in your mouth in the future. I;m sure SirMinion would gladly cut you a slice of humble pie :)

I almost think he needs a second slice, dude. I have, in fact, seen the donkey/zebra hybrid in a zoo in California. And yes, most of these hybrids are born sterile so they cannot pass on the trait, and you won't see an overgrowing population.

Sorrell is also right about mules. They are a combo of horses and donkeys. I know you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet, but don't pass judgement on something until you do a little digging yourself.

If you go to IMDB Message Board: Napoleon Dynamite , you will find posts on the same topic; written by people who have seen the movie, and who are well-informed.

Vip said:
i thought balloon mollys were a crossbreed of platies and mollys.
nope. they would not be able to have babies then, but they do. theyre just selective breeding.

mollies and platties will never crossbread.

mwm said:
those r so fake dude. If they were real they would be picture fo them everywhere...
Um. pictures of them are everywhere. Just type liger or zedonk into google image search.

Our local Zoo has zedonks also.

Most reactions

trending

Back