Can You Comment On My Water Stats?

With the low Ph in your big tank that level of ammonia should (luckily) only be minimally toxic - still needs looking at but probably not doing too much lasting harm.

What is your nitrate and ph out of the tap?

I know people say nitrate of 40ppm is too high but I've been fairly reliably told that all but very nitrate sensitive fish can cope unaffected by much higher levels.

the nitrate is 10 as I checked last nihght. haven't done ph will in a bit just comfy on settee at moment!!

why the low ph on this tnk though compared to othertanks in room of 7.2 and 6.6?
 
The bogwood can lower ph and if you are doing less regular water changes than on the others that can too. I buffer my very soft Manchester water with bi-carbonate of soda which does help stabilise ph between changes. (stays at about 6.5 - is 6.8 from tap, has dropped to 5 in my tank before I started buffering.)

If you have not turned your sand for a while then only do a bit at a time very slowly - toxic gasses can build up and I've lost a few bottomdwellers to this until I learned. Once you've done it all then do it regularly when you do the water changes.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top