Can U Have 2 Peacock Eels Together

cichlid-mad

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
can u have 2 peacock eels together?

if not can u have them in groups?

Yes, peacock eels are sociable and like the company of their own kind.

I keep 3. Peacock eels enjoy company and are more outgoing if you have more of them.

mine is allways out but i want to get another one so its not lonely .. will it be ok to get 1 more peacock eel?

Can peacock eels go with Kuhli Loaches, platys, gouramis or kribs?? Im thinking not but just want to make sure. Eels are SO cute XD

Peacocks are very peaceful and are highly unlikely of bothering any tankmates bar fry. The main problems you are likely to encounter is from placing them with agressive tankmates who are likely to pick on them.

As for the fish listed, I have kept peacocks with all of them without any problems. Unless the gourami you are thinking of is a giant gourami (just putting it out there to remain thorough :lol: ) then you shouldn't have any problems as long as the eels have substrate to burrow in (preferably sand).

mine is allways out but i want to get another one so its not lonely .. will it be ok to get 1 more peacock eel?

yeah the general rule with eels is keep them well fed, if you dont they will eat anything that fits in there mouth, i have even herd of people keeping them with neons, and they dont take up very much tank space as there usauly just burryed unnder the gravel.

Can peacock eels go with Kuhli Loaches, platys, gouramis or kribs?? Im thinking not but just want to make sure. Eels are SO cute XD

they can go with anything as long as you keep them well fed, i know that john has kepted them in tanks with very small schooling fish, and very large agresive frish = )

Most reactions

Back