Can these fish live together and minimum space

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Silly_Fish

Reaction score
Hi, I want to keep 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 5 sword tails,7 corydoras, 3 kuhli loaches, 1 African dwarf frog, 2 dwarf rainbow Krib and 20 neon tetras.I think they can all live together as the research I’ve done says they can but I just want to make sure before I buy them.And as well what would be the minimum space to keep them in?

You can't keep those fish together, as some (like the sword tails) need hard water, and others (like the neon tetras) need soft water.
Can you tell us you ph, gh, and kh? Also, what is the biggest tank that you have space for and can afford? Once we know that, we can tell you which fish you can get for your tank.

Hi, it’s a 240 litre tank /52 gallons and Ph is 6.5, kh is around 20 d and I’m not sure about the gh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 39
The pH is too low for livebearers like swordtails, platies, mollies and guppies. These fish need a pH above 7.0 and a GH above 200ppm for guppies, platies and swordtails; and a pH above 7.0 and GH above 250ppm for mollies.

Don't keep frogs with fish because the frogs can eat small fish and shrimp. If the fish ever get sick, the medications used to treat them usually kill the frogs. Frogs should be kept in a tank on their own.

The pH is too low for livebearers like swordtails, platies, mollies and guppies. These fish need a pH above 7.0 and a GH above 200ppm for guppies, platies and swordtails; and a pH above 7.0 and GH above 250ppm for mollies.

Don't keep frogs with fish because the frogs can eat small fish and shrimp. If the fish ever get sick, the medications used to treat them usually kill the frogs. Frogs should be kept in a tank on their own.
Sure

Sure I can live without frogs but is there anyway I can increase the ph because I want platys and guppies definitely

I would disagree about guppies needing that high hardness.
Guppies are actually native to relatively soft waters in southeastern Brazil.

I would disagree about guppies needing that high hardness.
Guppies are actually native to relatively soft waters in southeastern Brazil.
Does this look good? The last test was from a few days ago this is the latest test that I just did a couple minutes ago.what fish can I keep in this water quality?

Attachments

• 27736DE2-B78B-44E2-B79A-B8A849240DD4.jpeg
    27736DE2-B78B-44E2-B79A-B8A849240DD4.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 44
Not familiar with test strips, not sure why the GH requires 3 readings.
What is the general hardness value that you got from the test strip?

Your pH looks around 7 to me.

Honestly, you should be fine with most fish species. if your water is hard probably try to avoid the more sensitive fish from the amazon, if it is soft then avoid cichlids from the rift lakes.

If you want Kuhli loaches, you should get more than 3.

If your kribensis pair breeds, they will become very territorial, especially to other bottom dwellers. Something to keep in mind.

If you want Kuhli loaches, you should get more than 3.

If your kribensis pair breeds, they will become very territorial, especially to other bottom dwellers. Something to keep in mind.
I’m not familiar to test strips either tbh all I’ve had in the past is goldfish.I have soft water but would I still be able to get the Kribs? And how many Khuli loaches would you recommend?

You should do some more research on the Kribensis, maybe find some personal experiences from other forum users. I would have to say it is entirely up to you on the Kribensis.
I would get at least 5 loaches.
(I would also skip the frogs like others have said.)

You should do some more research on the Kribensis, maybe find some personal experiences from other forum users. I would have to say it is entirely up to you on the Kribensis.
Yeah I’ll skip the frogs but are kribs easy to keep? I’ll skip them too if there hard to keep but would I be able to keep 1 Bristlenose Pleco,7 corydoras,5 loaches,20 Neon tetras, a few guppies and maybe the kribs ( if their easy) in the same tank? Or not

It’s a 50 gallon by the way

I have no personal experience with Kribensis.
But I don't see any immediate issues that would arise from your proposed stocking.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back