Can I buy a female guppy from a tank full of males and NOT have her give babies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Okay lol. But how would I go about setting it up? I've had my current 13 gallon tank for AGES. I got it when I was like 8. I don't remember what we had to do to set it up.
alright

1. @Colin_T can u help me find the thread for cycling or copy paste it here
2. use old tank water for cycling and use old filter media
it already has bacteria in it
3. get a OVERLY GOOD filter because you are overstocking the poor 5 gallon (maybe if there is a lot of fry)
4. what plants do you have? some good plants help fry be safe from their big siblings
Eeek. If I did raise them, I would probably take them back/sell them once I could tell genders. Maybe keep a baby girl or two.
they can do it for u
and you can choose who to keep
or just post em here and i can help you

I wonder how many fry she would have. The tank is between 5-8 gallons, not sure - so if she had more than 10 fry it may get cramped.

alright

1. @Colin_T can u help me find the thread for cycling or copy paste it here
2. use old tank water for cycling and use old filter media
it already has bacteria in it
3. get a OVERLY GOOD filter because you are overstocking the poor 5 gallon (maybe if there is a lot of fry)
4. what plants do you have? some good plants help fry be safe from their big siblings

they can do it for u
and you can choose who to keep
or just post em here and i can help you
Eeek. Cycling! I just posted a thread about how much that confused me. Someone needs to get over here and explain it to me.

I know how to tell genders - size, color, anal fin/gonopodium.

Her body is shaded darker near the tail. Let me see if I can find a pic that looks like her.

Eeek. Cycling! I just posted a thread about how much that confused me. Someone needs to get over here and explain it to me.

I really am a noob to fish - but a kind one. I do my best for them. I plan to make a trip to the store to get some live plants soon.
The only fish in my current tank are a pair of kuhli loaches. They just hang out.

Her body is shaded darker near the tail. Let me see if I can find a pic that looks like her.
guppy15.jpg

I don't think she looks big at all. Maybe a little. But she's an adult, so...she's def. preggo.
oh my first guppy gave birth to 3 fry
after a few months there is no more sperm for her to use so she can be a show guppy

generally it is
1. putting bacteria from older established tank into a new tank
2. bacteria starter
3. doing water changes and waiting 2+weeks for bacteria to "find a home"
I really am a noob to fish - but a kind one. I do my best for them. I plan to make a trip to the store to get some live plants soon.
The only fish in my current tank are a pair of kuhli loaches. They just hang out.
oh i think guppies need harder water so get some dried corals
Before you go…
Do u have light? Get root tabs and liquid fertiliser
Does she look like this
517931D6-376C-4767-A5E5-902E06B2CB0E.jpeg

I don't think she looks big at all. Maybe a little. But she's an adult, so...she's def. preggo.
after a few months there is no more sperm for her to use so she can be a show guppy

generally it is
2. bacteria starter
2. add plants

generally it is
2. bacteria starter

Before you go…
Does she look like thisView attachment 137865
I'm not sure what my PH is. Doesn't coral raise it?

Oh cool so i wa kind of right
Rhen she wont lose color
Shell keep being like that
Cool. I've left the store, so I don't know whether she's gonna be there when I go back. But she was in one of the mixed-color tanks - not the fancy purebred guppies.

generally it is
2. bacteria starter

Before you go…
Does she look like thisView attachment 137865
Okay. I have this starter thingy - it's called, seedTM?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back