Can I add more creatures (shrimp,snails, etc)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I definitely dont reccomend neons in a 10
I would suggest taking your fry and adult swords as well as your neons and maybe just keeping some snails/shrimp until you move to college. Or a betta would be cool too. 10 gallons is a really nice size for them
I agree. But if you already have neon tetras, you need to get more.

10 gallon isnt really suitable for tetras as they are a shoaling species and require longer tanks. Also tetras prefer soft water and live bearers like swordtails hard water and sword tails get too big for a ten as well.
Id suggest taking what you have back and getting more suitable fish for your ten that are compatible with the size of your tank and compatible with the water you are using, hard or soft?
It’s slightly softer

It’s slightly softer
Having a 10 gallon really limits the species one can have. You could try nano fish like endlers pearl danios with possibly a bunch of dwarf coreys with snails and shrimp. Or you could get one betta with some snails. Or one dwarf gourami with some snails or you could skip the fish and get a group of african dwarf frogs in a species tank by themselves.

Having a 10 gallon really limits the species one can have. You could try nano fish like endlers pearl danios with possibly a bunch of dwarf coreys with snails and shrimp. Or you could get one betta with some snails. Or one dwarf gourami with some snails or you could skip the fish and get a group of african dwarf frogs in a species tank by themselves.
Yes I know, I may move up

Most reactions

Back