Can I add anything unique or different to my community tank? List of fish I like down below:

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Nameer_K

Reaction score
Hey! I have a planted 52 gallon community tank, itā€™s 100x40x55cm aka The Fluval Roma 200. Itā€™s filtered by an fx4, the tank is decently planted. I do around two 40% weekly water changes. My tank stocking as of now is: 1 angelfish, 10 neon tetra, 8 cherry barbs, 5 albino corydoras, 4 Otocinculus, 1 Siamese algae eater. I had a bamboo shrimp but I havenā€™t seen them in a while so unless they are hiding, it doesnā€™t look great for them.

I actually only have 7 tetra and 4 barbs right now but Iā€™m getting more so I put the eventually stocking in.

Some fish I like are down below, Iā€™ve already took some time into researching them:

Rainbow shark, gourami (any tbh, especially like pearls), panda garra, peacock gudgeons

What is the hardness of your water? (pH and GH)

Angle fish need to be in groups of at least 4. (What species is it?)

The fish you are wanting to add will depend on the hardness of your water.

The GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your tap water can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Depending on what the GH of your water is, will determine what fish you should keep.
Tetras, barbs, gouramis, rasbora, Corydoras and small species of suckermouth catfish all occur in soft water (GH below 150ppm).

Livebearers (guppies, platies, swordtails, mollies), and rainbowfish occur in medium hard water with a GH around 200-250ppm.

If you have very hard water (GH above 300ppm) then look at African Rift Lake cichlids or use distilled or reverse osmosis water to reduce the GH and keep fishes from softer water.

The GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your tap water can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Depending on what the GH of your water is, will determine what fish you should keep.
Tetras, barbs, gouramis, rasbora, Corydoras and small species of suckermouth catfish all occur in soft water (GH below 150ppm).

Livebearers (guppies, platies, swordtails, mollies), and rainbowfish occur in medium hard water with a GH around 200-250ppm.

If you have very hard water (GH above 300ppm) then look at African Rift Lake cichlids or use distilled or reverse osmosis water to reduce the GH and keep fishes from softer water.
My gH is 40ppm and pH is 7.2, canā€™t seem to find my KH

GH and pH is enough. You have really soft water so tetras, barbs, rasboras.

Avoid livebearers and rift lake cichlids.

Hey! I have a planted 52 gallon community tank, itā€™s 100x40x55cm aka The Fluval Roma 200. Itā€™s filtered by an fx4, the tank is decently planted. I do around two 40% weekly water changes. My tank stocking as of now is: 1 angelfish, 10 neon tetra, 8 cherry barbs, 5 albino corydoras, 4 Otocinculus, 1 Siamese algae eater. I had a bamboo shrimp but I havenā€™t seen them in a while so unless they are hiding, it doesnā€™t look great for them.

I actually only have 7 tetra and 4 barbs right now but Iā€™m getting more so I put the eventually stocking in.

Some fish I like are down below, Iā€™ve already took some time into researching them:

Rainbow shark, gourami (any tbh, especially like pearls), panda garra, peacock gudgeons
I would add more Corys first. The basic ā€œminimum of 6ā€ is just a template. Itā€™s better if they are kept in groups of 8 or more.

After that, more tetras/barbs.

I keep angels, gouramis and panda garra together. They are all getting along and are very healthy. Gourmais and angels can be kept together no problem. I have blue gouramis but pearls get much bigger but it shouldn't be a problem. Panda garra do prefer fast moving water, but they have been doing just fine with me. In your case I wouldn't add panda garra just because you have a lot of fish which feed on algae and biofilm, but if you feed regularly this shouldn't be a problem. I would definitely add another angel, maybe a corry or two(albinos) and 1-2 gourmais depending which ones you want to get. Maybe even 4 if they are a dwarf gourami.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back