Can Goldfish Live In 25 Degree Waters?

Luke1995

Reaction score
Hi I have a tank with 2 goldfish and 3 guppies but guppies need heated water can goldfish live in 25 degreeC waters?

while they CAN live in it...it is not the healthiest environment for them...

remember - - SURVIVING is not THRIVING

also.. 2 goldfish need a large tank - - fancies will need 30+ gallons for 2....if they are commons they belong in a pond :crazy:

Ok thanks. I wiil be gettin a really big tank soon so that wiil be good. But goldfish won't die in heated water will they?

They shouldn't (and probabaly wont) die due to the higher temperature no. But it will speed up their life cycle leading to an earlier death (though still very much in the distant future). And as said, it's not really recommended.

And if I had to keep guppies and goldies together I would rather heat the water for the guppies knowing the goldfish will be ok if it's a bit warmer rather than have the guppies being too cold.

Having said that, you probably don't need to heat to 25C, the guppies should be fine at 22/23C

No problems. Although I would urge you to seperate the guppies and goldies. Or re-home the guppies and replace them with a more appropriate tank mate, like white cloud mountain minnows or something.

Ok I just really wanted guppies because they breed really quick

You can't keep guppies with goldfish. The goldfish will eat all the food and bully any guppies sadly.

I studied goldfish as well as farming them for a while.
They are do best at 22C and thrive at this. They need this temp for several days to induce breeding.
They are very hardy fish and will survive from 2-3C up to 30C. These are extrames and should never be held at these ranges for to long.

However I don't recommend keeping them high. 15-18 is ideal for these and the slightly slower growth rate helps to keep the muscle and general growth down to allow them to be generaly stronger fish.

Ok thanks. And the goldfish won't kill the guppies will they?

Hi I have a tank with 2 goldfish and 3 guppies but guppies need heated water can goldfish live in 25 degreeC waters?

I had a common goldfish in my 8'X3'X3' tank for bout 3yr and it did absolutly fine did what i wanted it to and grow rali fast for koi pond

Most reactions

Back