Can Anyone Reassure Me?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
In all the years I've kept fish (7+) I've never had an outbreak of ich or fungus in any of my tanks, apart from one little betta I brought home into it's own bowl that got successfully treated.

I tried a new LFS lately and the 1st trip was successful, so I went back for more. The fish in question have brought something into my tank and now I am sitting by watching my fish get ich. I can't catch the fish, so I am treating the whole tank for ich with the recommended dose. Some of the fish are clear and showing no signs. Others are quite bad with it. The main fish that brought the disease into the tank is really bad but I can't catch him for ####.

I'm so distressed it's making me feel sick, I guess I've had it easy til now but I need to know if ich treatment is going be successful, or should I just give up hope now and what will need to be done in both scenarios (successful/not successful) in terms of stripping the tank/filter?

I sound like such a noob but I have enough on my mind with ill human health and I can't cope with this really!
 
No need to strip the tank down.
Once whitespot infects the gills and the fish are laboured breathing they tend not to make it.
Some fish are more prone to whitespot than others, corys don't get whitespot there some other fish types as well.
Have you raised temp and increases aeration with the med?
 
No need to strip the tank down.
Once whitespot infects the gills and the fish are laboured breathing they tend not to make it.
Some fish are more prone to whitespot than others, corys don't get whitespot there some other fish types as well.
Have you raised temp and increases aeration with the med?

I have raised the temp - how can I increase aeration please?
 
Its going to be tough for the bottom dwellers with the hign temp med so need to increase aeration by turning flow up on filter or adding a airstone to the tank ran by a pump.
 
Hi,
Sorry to here of the outbreak> is the medication called'Protazin' or something similar> as it has worked well on some occassions.

If they are panting gills, it'll probably be touch and go.

Good luck.

:unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top