Can anybody tell me what kind of fish Is this ?

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Silly question from my wife ....
Can you feed him garden worms ?

I read ur post n I will get blood worms but my wife wanted me to ask that question
Yes fish will eat earthworms. Try to use small worms. If you have big earthworms, you need to cut them up and that is really gross because they produce mucous when stressed and it becomes a slimy gooey wriggly wormy mess that's hard to clean up. So small worms only and use them whole.

Get a few different types of frozen food like brineshrimp and bloodworm. And visit a fishing store and look in their bait freezer or the seafood section at a supermarket and buy some frozen prawn and fish. Keep it frozen and take a bit out each day or every couple of days, defrost it and cut it up for the fish to eat.

If you have live shrimp in the tank, use cooked prawn so no diseases can get in the tank from the frozen prawn.

When feeding prawn, take one out and defrost it. Remove the head, shell and gut (thin black tube in body) and throw these bits away. Use a pair of scissors to cut the remaining prawn tail into little pieces and offer a few bits at a time. Feed until the fish is full then remove uneaten food. All the fish can eat this, not just the catfish.

Feed a variety of food so the fish doesn't become reliant on one type of food.

S illy question from my wife ....
Can you feed him garden worms ?

I read ur post n I will get blood worms but my wife wanted me to ask that question
I gave him little pieces of fish n shrimp last nite I even put em at the entrance of his cave but he didn't touch em.
Tonite I'm gonna try blood worms n bright shrimp if he doesn't eat em either I just dunno what to do. I might give it away to someone who knows more than me bout this kind of guy

Feed it about 30 minutes after lights out. Have the room light on but tank light off and it should come out for food.

Most reactions

Back