Can Amano Shrimp eggs hatch in freshwater?

Yes they do hatch but the wigglies need brackish water to survive as mentioned
 
Amanos are one of the few shrimps where eggs hatch to a larval stage rather than miniature adults. Like nerite snails, these larvae need salt water and microscopic algae food to survive. I had amanos for several years, the females were constantly berried but they never increased in number unlike the cherry shrimps I have now.
 
Amanos are one of the few shrimps where eggs hatch to a larval stage rather than miniature adults. Like nerite snails, these larvae need salt water and microscopic algae food to survive. I had amanos for several years, the females were constantly berried but they never increased in number unlike the cherry shrimps I have now.
maybe if there is a brackish quarantine tank the wigglies could be fed GreenWater and survive
 
You could always try it and see :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top