Calling Technical Peeps

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
For a while now, every so often, my TV makes a cracking noise and we lost sound for a few seconds on the TV, it usually cracked again and the sound came back. Last night, it went for good. Any technical minded people know why or if there is a way to fix it. The TV is obviously just out of warranty, being approx 15 months old. Ive tried everything I know, its not the cables as when plugged into a different TV, everything is working fine, also get no sound when trying it thru HDMI cable from DVD. Are the speakers shot?

I know this isnt the right forum for this question, just thought some nice person might be able to help before I go spend £500 on another tv :)

well youd be best getting a cheap surround-sound system like 20-40 pounds from asda connect that up if it works then its probably your speakers on your telly broke

but if it is your speakers you could keep the surround sound connected and you wil of saved your self 460-480 pounds :good: :lol:

hope that helps

the cheapest and easiest way to find out is plug some headphones into the tv if no sound then the chip has gone if not as said treat yourself to a surround system :D

Sounds like it could be as simple as a loose connection with a wire.

Unfortunately, unless you know what you're doing, and know what you're looking for then I wouldn't recommend trying to fix it yourself. TVs contain things like capacitors, which store electricity, so they can be dangerous even when unplugged if you're not careful.

See if you have a sparky mate who could have a look.

No sparky mates :( Anyway, stuck it on fleabay, someone made me an offer, coming to collect today hopefully, funds going towards a newer, bigger TV! I shall take out an extended warranty on this one too. Just annoying as Panasonic are supposed to be one of the better makes, wont buy another of those. And yeah, the guy can probably fix it easily and make a nice profit, but thats life. So this week, Ive had to buy a new laptop (screen cracked on year old one) and now a new TV. What else can go caput on me, whatever it is, bound to cost a bleeding fortune :(

They only come with a 12 months warranty Truck, they could say I broke it. Anyway, bought from a catalogue (only way I can afford to pay for things like that) and frankly its too much of a bumache to bother to argue with them.

Just ring them up, it's worth a try, it's better than shelling out on new speakers or a new TV, the law states that any item bought must last 6 years under general wear and tear, how can they say you've broken the speakers when they're built inside the TV? they'd know if you've opened it because of the sticker on the inside that tears when it is opened.

Just ring them up, it's worth a try, it's better than shelling out on new speakers or a new TV, the law states that any item bought must last 6 years under general wear and tear, how can they say you've broken the speakers when they're built inside the TV? they'd know if you've opened it because of the sticker on the inside that tears when it is opened.

i tried this vwith a sandwich and they just chucked me out

Take it back, it isn't 6 years old so you are eligible for repair or replacement against general wear and tear.

LOL :lol: Now that is a good one

Under the sales of good act 1979 (that's if your in the UK) then amended god knows how many times after that, it says a reasonable time which is a grey area but I think you will find 6 months grace on top of the statutory warranty (usually a year unless other wise stated) if the retailer is in a good mood is the very best you will get.

6 years is a bit optimistic to say the least.

:lol: :nod: :lol:

Regards onebto

Most reactions

Back