FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

ƂĀ§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
Hi,

Well As some of you know last month I lost all my Trill' fry :-(

I did have only 3 C.trilineatus, so I went and bought another two,

they were in a tank with some other cories, and they didnt like that so I moved them to their own tank

I have come home about 30mins ago and found 39 eggs, I've moved the eggs to another tank, and as we speak they are spawning again!!

looks like this is going to be a large batch...

and I have micro worms this time, thanks carmen!!

woohoo!!!!

congrats, As we speak 2 of my female cories are laying eggs whilst the other female eats them. The Males are too busy sleeping in the cabomba to care about any children. My Cory lays eggs every 2 days or so.

EDIT: My cories are trili's as well.

how many eggs do you get?

I think I have two females which are mature and two mature males, the other fish just sits around watching, I think this is a female as well.

only had about 10 eggs last time, maybe it was more... but I think I'm up to about 70 lol... thats only a guess as waiting for them to stop spawning before removing the new eggs.

they are still at it as well... lol my GF has just made a face as she has seen them do the T position, she said she's not trying that though :) lol

Yahoo, :hyper: . Glad you have them spawning again. I really hope they do better this time. Glad to hear you have the microworms up and running.

I seriously thought with our lot spawning just 2 hours after putting them in our tank they'd spawn again. But nothing, just that one spawn. I do still have three fry, so I suppose all is not lost.

Keep us updated and hopefully you will end up with tons of eggs.

:D

erm yeah up to about 100 at the moment... not sure where I'm gonna put them all if they survive lol...

Cheers for the microworms, I thought I had killed them all off accidently when transferening to a new mixture but they seem ok there is some squirming going on on the surface again :) had some very large worms from the last batch, my fish many ignore them when put into the community tanks.

I think if I get a lot of these to survive I will GIVE you some, seeing you were so kind with those worms :)

so get some tnak ready lol

ok they have finally finished spawning, I have about 200 eggs, I think... There were so many hidden on the plastic plants, I have just placed these into the fry tank now.

Some of the eggs are on the bottom of the tank, not the side, will this matter?

hopefully by saturday I should be able to remove the plants now, as they should have hatched, well the last batch hatched in about 2-3days.

I didnt get all the eggs as some had fallen on the sand and become covered in it, and I couldnt see them, so they will have to take their changes with the parents, if I see the fry I'll suck them out and put them in the fry tank :)

--------------

I've only just finished taking out the eggs, they had been sat for a long while not doing anything and now they are going at it again.... this is madness, I didnt think they had large spawns like bronze's

That is awesome that your C. trilineatus are spawning like that. I hope mine will do that to once I seperate them. Keep us updated on the progress :good:

will do! :)

The finally spawn, though I suppose its all apart of the same spawn spread out over 7 hours... they gave me a further 10 eggs, but I've left these in the tank, as I cant be bothered getting them out, I'd have to move the tank about again... :blush:

I think I do a daily log again, but I'll post it once they have survived the first month, saves clogging the forum with another thread that end prematurely, unless you can suggest some place for a decent free blog?

lol, aye maybe... I have been told they only lay about 10-20 eggs, but I have a 3 gallon tank sat here that says other wise...

maybe I'm just good at getting them to spawn with good diets, or something.. I just fall over when raising the fry :)

Could they be something else but C. trilineatus? :unsure:

Whatever they are, I'm sure you'll be successful raising them this time. Experience, whether good or bad is always the best teacher. :nod:

they are definately C.Trilineatus unless there are fish that look exactly the same as them :)
They are not Julii, not even close, I'll try and get some pics of them if you like

Wow :hyper: , well done on the eggs ƂĀ§tudz

That is wonderful news and I wish you all the best with this lot of fry. I really hope things work out this time.

I'm a bit worried about 2 of my fry. They don't seem to be eating as much as they should be and not swimming too well. May just be acting weird because they don't like being caught (I decided to put them back in the net to make sure they're getting enough food). Some of the panda fry act weird when I release them into the tank, I think it's a playing dead thing.

Look forward to seeing pics of the parents. I was hoping you'd put some up so I can see how much smaller mine are.

Speak soon
Carmen :D

My cories like to breed.. umm.. what are microworms and how to you culture them/ haha

oh no!! just checked my culuture and its all froathed up?? and smells awful! :-(

there are a few worms on the sides of the container, I'll have to scrape them off and try a new culture

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back