Buying plants online

Jadzir

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This one is for members in the UK.
Does anyone purchase aquarium plants online ?
There seems to be a lot more choice online.
Looking to see if anyone can recommend a good online supplier.

Can't recommend K2 Aqua enough on eBay, I've bought a lot of plants from them recently and they come really quickly and packaged to fit through the letterbox.

These are also a good one for stuff K2 might not have, similar positive experience of speedy and secure delivery.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can't recommend K2 Aqua enough on eBay, I've bought a lot of plants from them recently and they come really quickly and packaged to fit through the letterbox.

These are also a good one for stuff K2 might not have, similar positive experience of speedy and secure delivery.

Thanks. Will have a look

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
k2aqua is the seller I use - all their plants are shrimps safe and I have shrimps and nerites. They have been getting more plants, and more less common plants recently (if that makes sense)
I've also bought the odd plant from Pro Shrimp, again because they are shrimp safe.

I've been looking at another shop though I haven't bought from them yet. They source their plants from Tropica which is in the EU so they are also shrimp safe.

I know that other members use Aqua Essentials but as they don't say if their plants are shrimp safe I've never dared to use them. If you don't have shrimps or snails, it doesn't matter.

[Plants grown outside the EU have to be treated with a snail killer and this still applies to the UK. Plants grown within the EU don't]

k2aqua is the seller I use - all their plants are shrimps safe and I have shrimps and nerites. They have been getting more plants, and more less common plants recently (if that makes sense)
I've also bought the odd plant from Pro Shrimp, again because they are shrimp safe.

I've been looking at another shop though I haven't bought from them yet. They source their plants from Tropica which is in the EU so they are also shrimp safe.

I know that other members use Aqua Essentials but as they don't say if their plants are shrimp safe I've never dared to use them. If you don't have shrimps or snails, it doesn't matter.

[Plants grown outside the EU have to be treated with a snail killer and this still applies to the UK. Plants grown within the EU don't]
Will be getting shrimps so definitely need shrimp safe plants. Not after anything exotic so as long as they have the basics that’s fine.
Thanks for the info

Another one for K2Aqua. I also use Pro Shrimp. I try to stick to in-vitro plants wherever possible.

Out of curiosity, what are "in-vitro" plants?
They are tissue cultured (like cloning). So there is no possibility of hitchikers and if produced in the EU no pesticides were used. I have also found these to be healthier and better growing than those cultivated in the normal way. Tropica is probably the best known brand. A lot of K2Aqua's plants are tissue cultured.

They are tissue cultured (like cloning). So there is no possibility of hitchikers and if produced in the EU no pesticides were used. I have also found these to be healthier and better growing than those cultivated in the normal way. Tropica is probably the best known brand. A lot of K2Aqua's plants are tissue cultured.
Ah, alright. Thank you!

I know of three EU plant companies, they all produce 'normal' plants and in vitro plants.

Tropica (Denmark) call their in vitro range 1-2-Grow
Dennerle (Germany) call theirs Plant-It!
Aquafleur (Netherlands) call theirs Easy Grow.

Plants produced by any of these companies are shrimp and snail safe.

Edit to add - Pro Shrimp sell plants by all three companies

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back