Buying Fish Online

arobinson1984

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,065
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Leeds, United Kingdom
Can anybody please recommend good online stores for buying fish in the UK??

Preferably sites which you may have used and had good experiences with or sites that have a highly regarded reputation for being one the bests

Andy
 
www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk
www.trimar.co.uk
 
recently used direct tropicals and fish arrived very quickly and healthy enough
 
i used wildwoods through tropicalfishfinder fantastic quality fish superb service and live arrival guarenteed. i have also used trimar who were just as good service wise but wildwoods stock quality was better . altho trimars was in no way bad
 
The best place online for buying fish, is truly this website. I have found some great deals and the service & quality of the fish has been outstanding.
 
Thanks for the replies. I will have a look through all the ones suggested. I'm just interested seeing as soon psecies of fish I like aren't available from my lfs.

Andy
 
If your local shop seems to be looking after their fish and the new stock they get comes in in good knick Id ask the shop whether they can order a fish for you.

Generally they will charge (or increase the price per fish) for this as they may have to pay more for shipping etc. .Some places you also make a kinda verbal contract as they have to guarantee that they wont be left with fish they cannot sell.

But If they are ordered in it will usually cost the same as the shipping charge you have to pay - plus the shop can quaranteen the fish for you.
 
Thanks for the replies. I will have a look through all the ones suggested. I'm just interested seeing as soon psecies of fish I like aren't available from my lfs.

Hi arobinson1984 :)

One of the best ways to find interesting and unusual fish is by buying them from other fishkeepers in your area at aquarium club meetings and auctions. It's surprising what variety is out there that just isn't for sale in the lfs. Here's a link that will give you information about your local club.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...php?club_id=177
 

Most reactions

Back
Top