Buy Sell & Swap

I didn't think I shold post the stuff for sale here and then make an Ebay auction as well...so I figured doing it that way would be more effective in selling it correctly, ethically, and more time sensitive (instead of posting it here, bumping it every week,

not having a go, just letting you know but FYI...
There is an acceptable way round this that I have seen more than a few times(mostley cars and such), people will state in the ebay description that they also have the item advertised via other means and reserve the right to end the auction early, this does work best if you have the buy it now option availible as it allows any ebayer to also have a chance to get the item and not have to wait till the last minute to see.

lol I don't think you're having a go btw ;)...

But you can't post it as "Buy it now" unless you have a certain feedback amount..and I'm using a new name.

I know you can put that "phrase" explaining all that in your auction..but would you really want to bid on something...only to have them cancel the auction on you?

Well i think the mod's should maybe judge- if somebody comes on and never posts and is not a helper to the forums then they should delete the post and PM the member regarding why

Hi, can I jump in? It seems to be more along the lines of people join up and immediately post their "for sales", their post count still read zero since they only came to spam. So even 10 posts would probably be offputting enough since they won't know how many they have to make.

I'm a virtual newbie, but have already spent £200 on the sale board, have had three items delivered and have another one awaiting collection, so if anything, newbies are good for the sales board, a 10 year veteran has no need for the old heater that the newbie will see as a great deal :) newbie buyers aren't a problem.

btw I love the sale board.

>>> newbie buyers aren't a problem.

It is the abuse of the forum by sellers which is the issue here, buyers should contact the seller directly unless their inquiry has general benefit for the thread. An example being...

>>>
I have 5 guppies for sale!
<<<

... reply...

>>>
What country are you in and where abouts?
<<<

... that adds value to the thread, it helps both the buyer, (who should have thought of that anyway but hey), and other potential buyers. A reply like...

>>>
I'm interested!
<<<

... does nothing. If you are interested, PM the seller for details.

should be 70 I think because 50 posts wont exactly take long to post well for regular users anyway
I was thinking 300.
Anywho, shouldn't there be a minimum post limit to BUY things too?

300 is WELL too much, I haven't got many posts at all, it doesn't mean I'm spamming or trolling

Most reactions

Back