bushynose pleco?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

MAM

Mamalammadingdong
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
was at the lfs last night, again. looked at their plecs as i'm thinking of getting a 4 incher for a large tank in the future and wanted to price ($125 for my zebra.....). anyway, was looking in one tank that had two or three plecs. they were more of a chocolate color (rather than black) with an orange almost reticulated pattern (as opposed to the usual white/off-white). the tank was labeled as "bushynose plecos and albino bushynose plecos". they weren't some sort of bristlenose, lacked the bristlenose part. searched planet catfish, but maybe i missed them (looked at almost every picture in case went by another name). anyone ever heard of these either as bushynoses or as the orange coloring? it was a rather bright orange, and very pretty, but i'd like to know what they actually are. any thoughts? (wish i had a pic....)

I bought 4 young "albino bristlenose pl*cos" which features almost orange in color with some whiter dots all over her body and red eyes.

Does it resemble anything like the one you saw?

no actually. i looked at them to see if they were maybe bristlenoses and someone was just stupid and wrote bushynose on the tnak, but they looked nothing like the bristlenoses (which were actually in the next tank). they were a chocolate brown and orange reticulated pattern....... very unusual and pretty though.

Most reactions

Back