Bump on my betta

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
My new betta Ghost has a bump on the side of his head. It looks like a pimple. Could it be a parasite? :dunno:

Since I got him last week, Ghost has slowly gotten used to being in the 20 gallon tank with the small corys. His color has gone through a big change, too. When I first got him he was pale gray; he almost looked translucent. Now he is a dark fish and the turquoise flecks really stand out when the light hits them right. The maroon edging his fins has gotten deeper and wider. :thumbs:

Although he was very shy at first, he gradually started going down to chase worms as they sank and now I find him picking granule food off the bottom and hovering over the little fish. He's got a really big appetite, too! He's going to be a happy betta like Ruby is. :smb:

But this morning I found this bump on his head. Has anyone run into this before? What should I do? :unsure:

My female has 2 bumps on her and I think they may be what yours has. They do look like little pimples but it's hard to give a good description. My female has had the 2 for a while and I have no lcue what they are but I would like to know!

Sorry, I don't have a camera. :no: I wish I was able to put up a picture, but I just can't.

Maybe they are some sort of cyst or tumor? But I would guess they might be some sort of "borrowing" parasite?

My initial thought was a cyst or tumour :( however I can't see it and you can't be 100% certain...hopefully its nothing serious

Most reactions

Back