Built on the Rock Farm's Spring of 2023 Kiddings

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NearMeBettas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Citrine kicked off our kidding season a day early yesterday! Twins, a buckling, and a doeling which we are retaining. It looks like the buckling already found a new home.
20230312_161755.jpg
20230312_162033.jpg
20230312_162133.jpg
20230312_162215.jpg

A bit disappointing as she had quads last year and triplets her FF lol.
20220318_130736.jpg

Moon is two days overdue. Her udder is more full today and her ligaments are a bit softer so we will see what happens, I can see her keeping us up all night because that's what goats like to do lol. Moon had triplets her FF and 2F so we will see what happens.

I want goats. I cared for some several years ago and got bit by how adorable and fun they are.
Are your babies going to be wearing goat sweaters?
Goats are awesome, I feel like they are really underrated due to the myth that they eat everything and stink. Only the bucks stink, and we have them in a separate pen away from the does. Nigerian dwarves have the highest fat milk of all goats. Their milk doesn't taste bucky at all when housed away from the bucks. It is so rich and creamy it almost is like drinking half and half. They also certainly don't eat everything. They will eat things they are not supposed to sometimes if you drop something in the pen but even dogs do that. They are actually really picky when it comes to hay, and prefer not to eat grass in their pen, they would much rather have brush.

We really should but sweaters on the kids for a video when they come out and bounce just for fun and take them off when done. We don't have them wear them as it can make their winter coat fall out or have them not develop a winter coat due to the extra warmth. It just in general is not good for their coat on a 24-7 basis. Think of wearing a hat all day every day, your hair would be a mess. They also are unable to fluff their fur out which can actually make them colder.

We post videos of the goat's all of the time. You might enjoy subscribing. :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI0xGbUUUbJ5xkod7MYkbEA

Goats are awesome, I feel like they are really underrated due to the myth that they eat everything and stink. Only the bucks stink, and we have them in a separate pen away from the does. Nigerian dwarves have the highest fat milk of all goats. Their milk doesn't taste bucky at all when housed away from the bucks. It is so rich and creamy it almost is like drinking half and half. They also certainly don't eat everything. They will eat things they are not supposed to sometimes if you drop something in the pen but even dogs do that. They are actually really picky when it comes to hay, and prefer not to eat grass in their pen, they would much rather have brush.

We post videos of the goat's all of the time. You might enjoy subscribing. :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI0xGbUUUbJ5xkod7MYkbEA
I worked with dairy goats and I think Nubian goats. I honestly cannot remember. I do plan on getting some for our property. I was going to start with two dairy goats, but maybe I'll get two Nigerian if they are easier to come by.
We've got plenty of brush and land for them. About four acres. Hopefully I can figure out how to make a moveable pen that is goat proof.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back