Built In Alcove Cupboard

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Awesome thread. This thread deserves to be pinned! :nod: :clap: Can't wait for pics of the stocked tank, when the water clears up. Would be nice to see pics of the tank with normal lights and the moonlight ones. Not sure if you mentioned it before, but how big is the tank? Good job once again, it looks really professional!

The tank is a 150ltr/ 33gal uk,

Awesome looking set-up mate :)

Might try and convince the girlfriend that instead of buying a cabinet to go in the alcove in the dining room in the new house, I should build something like this with a tank on it ;)

Just a thought though, won;t the Sandstone affect the water chemistry ?!? :S

Hi

so hows it going, will you need to cycle the tank or are you going to add old media from the other tank I saw in the earlier pictures???

what fish are you going to add?

need to get my hubby to read this thread so he knows what hes doing next year, as im going to do the same with my alcove and with a 4ft tank

woo hoo

kiss kiss
godzuki

Awesome looking set-up mate :)
Just a thought though, won;t the Sandstone affect the water chemistry ?!? :S

It all depends on what the sand stones composited off, i live burnley which has some cracking hills around, the rock here is sand stone, which is mainly made if quartets which is inert.
The problem is its quite porous and can absorb a lot of humic acid from the surrounding peat.
A quick boil usually dose the trick.
I have a bag of coral gravel in the filter as well to keep PH up.

Hi

so hows it going, will you need to cycle the tank or are you going to add old media from the other tank I saw in the earlier pictures???

what fish are you going to add?

need to get my hubby to read this thread so he knows what hes doing next year, as im going to do the same with my alcove and with a 4ft tank

woo hoo

kiss kiss
godzuki

I,ve used a filter out of a juwel rio 180 that i use for my discus pair which is already mature.
and under the sand i put some detritus out of the other thank to help it along.

Its being stocked with Tanganyika mainly Tropheus. and a few small shell dwellers posably.

To be honest with you i don't cycle tanks, if its a new tank i stock slowly and do plenty of water changes.
I have a spare tank with filters in ready for use, i just throw plant cutting in every so often to feed the bacteria, and do the odd water change with old tank water to keep the fresh.

Post the pics as i look forward to seeing your progress, (ps tell your husband i,m sorry lol)

Looking stunning ! Would love to see a pic when the water has cleared and fish are in. Love the rock formations.

Man simonbrown403 I need you to come over to my place to get my tanks in order and looking as nice as yours does :drool: That would be so cool if I could get my 55 to be built like you have that tank. :drool:

Wow, this is really neat! A truly beautiful end product, but it was also fascinating to see the whole process with the step-by-step instructions. Thanks for putting in the considerable extra effort to record/photograph/document and write up this entire project!

rrraven

I know this is an older topic, but I never go into this forum, I have to comment. This is the most beautiful DIY I've ever seen. :hyper: You must be so talented to create such a gorgeous work of art. Oh, I so wished you lived nearby so you could make me one! :hey:

What a wonderful job! :thumbs:

I know this is an older topic, but I never go into this forum, I have to comment. This is the most beautiful DIY I've ever seen. :hyper: You must be so talented to create such a gorgeous work of art. Oh, I so wished you lived nearby so you could make me one! :hey:

What a wonderful job! :thumbs:

DIY thats what its all about, get your tools out and have a go, just take your time, if you get stuck theres always, this topic and the DIY tank and hood stand artical in my sig to help you on your way. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back