the hedge...

How often do you feed them? I've kept them several times, but they never lived long. Over time, I lost them one by one, mostly without noticing.

Then someone told me that they need to be fed small amounts two to three times a day because their stomachs are so tiny.
 
all my tanks get fed 3 times a week... I may have to feed more often, but I feed small foods, bug bites ( milled to dust ) and ultra fresh micro pellets , and they eat well, on those days... I figure they are mostly insect eaters, so bug bites 2 to 1 over the ultra fresh...
 
one hatchet, checking out the hole in the hedge, made during maintenance... hoping it still likes it here, all the others, are on the other end of the tank...
IMG_9017.webp
 
3 more in this picture... they kind of have the zoomies right now, so pictures aren't too clear
IMG_9018.webp
 
I saw the hedge in action this morning… at very 1st dim light, when most were just starting to wake up, I saw a fish’s outline breech the surface… guessing it was most likely a palmeri, that became conscious, and figured out he was next to his rival or??? but a fish that size and shape, shot up from the bottom, to break the surface, but was kept in the tank by the hedge… it was too dark ( just dim background lighting ), to positively Identify the jumper…. but the system appears to work… at keeping the hatchets in place, as well as the occasional other “jumper”
 

Most reactions

Back
Top