Building a Betta Room

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I started today on my latest project...building a betta room! I’ve already moved over 50 shrimp out of my shrimp tank. I will be breaking that one down. Then , after my husband gets my shelves built, all of my bettas will be moving in to their own room. My daughter is picking up the day bed tomorrow for her daughter and toys will go to a closet (right now this room is a playroom for grandkids. Here are a few pics to show you the beginning phase of the project. As you can see, way too many tanks. You can see them all from my den. Pic of the bedroom just showing what room looks like now. Pic of laundry room is where we will be moving the dog kennels and putting in a utility sink for water changes. More to come!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Your going to have some spoiled Bettas:D, I hope your plans go well:fish:
Hubble almost finished building his Camaro so he promises me he will build the shelves then! I really want to turn my living area back into a living area. (Plus it will give me room for another dozen bettas.):rolleyes:

Dang it! Stage 1 was going smoothly. Had all but a few shrimp caught and ready for lfs. Woke up this morning to over a dozen teeny babies hanging on the glass. Couldn’t that one last berried shrimp wait until I moved her to the plastic tote? Now I have to wait for these to get big enough so I don’t throw them down the sink. Just my luck!

Last edited:
On a happier note. I bought a new tank tonight on sale. It will go in surplus until the room is ready. I’ll continue to watch for great sales on 5 gallon tanks. My plan is to have room for about 8 more bettas. I’ll be watching all of the cups in the stores to adopt the ones looking badly. I will soon have Deanasue’s Betta Rehab.. I’m really excited about this!

You can buy 5 gallon setups delivered to your home from Walmart for $30 each. Or else wait for $1 per gallon tank sale at Petco. It's very nice that you will buy Bettas that need special care and then will rehab them.

You can buy 5 gallon setups delivered to your home from Walmart for $30 each. Or else wait for $1 per gallon tank sale at Petco. It's very nice that you will buy Bettas that need special care and then will rehab them.
Yes, I love Walmart’s 5G setup! I have 2 of my own and have bought one for another member. The one I purchased yesterday was just a more modern, sleek rimless one with bar light. It was $50 on sale for $39 and I had a credit of $12.00 so I go it for $27.00. I imagine most of my others will be the Walmart ones though. You can’t beat that deal!

I really don't know how they do it seeing they have to allow for the cost of shipping. I would think the shipping alone would be worth $15.

Petco sale is thru FEB 2nd, but 5 gal is not included, only 10 -30 gal are $1 gal, large than that are 1/2 price but the 5 gals are 13 or 15 each!!!!! WOW

I concur with the petco $ per gallon sale, it’s a really good price. I got a brand new 29g through that deal.

Keep us posted @Deanasue!

I have the problem of trying to move berried shrimp as well. :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back