The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Do I need a bubbler for my tank? I have 1 running in each back corner currently but don't want them if I don't need them.
It is a 45g (36Lx24Hx12W)
It has live plants, rocks, and driftwood as decorations.
Stocklist:
2 Opaline Gourami
2 Angelfish(Unkown what specific type)
8 Black Skirt Tetras
8 Pearl Danios(Might move to a 29g tank)
6 Cory Cats(Assorted and plans for 4 more)
1 Columbian Spotted Pleco
2 African Dwarf Frogs
4 Nitrate Snails

Attachments

• PXL_20210211_182110641.jpg
    PXL_20210211_182110641.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
looks fine, a video will help for me. do you mean nerite snail not nitrate snail? if thats a h o b filter i dont think you need

You don't need a bubbler with the filter(s) running.
Only time I run bubblers is during power outtages, to aerate the water.

You don't need a bubbler with the filter(s) running.
Only time I run bubblers is during power outtages, to aerate the water.
I have a submerged filter and it needs air stone rright? and it turns off at night so th guppies arent annoyed

As long as your filter moves the water round the tank you don't need a bubbler. I have only ever used internal or sponge filters and I've never used a bubbler.

I have a submerged filter and it needs air stone rright? and it turns off at night so th guppies arent annoyed
Filters should be run continuously and not turned off at night. The filter bacteria need constant water flowing over them to provide them with oxygen.

You need some aeration/ surface turbulence at night so the oxygen levels stay high and the fish don't suffocate.

Filters should be run continuously and not turned off at night. The filter bacteria need constant water flowing over them to provide them with oxygen.

You need some aeration/ surface turbulence at night so the oxygen levels stay high and the fish don't suffocate.
ok so the bubbler is a need

No, if you have a motorised filter you don't need an air pump or air stone. Air pumps do very little as far as pumping oxygen into the water is concerned; what the rising bubbles do is circulate the water. So if you are circulating it via a motorised filter, that's all you need. If ever you need additional circulation i.e. during very hot weather or using medications (which will lower oxygen) then temporarily adding an air stone might help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back