BubbleMouth Pleco

kuter

Reaction score
I was in Petsmart a couple of days ago and they had what was advertized as a Bubble Mouth Pleco. I didnt write down the scientific name at the time. However this lil guy sounds like just what I want to add to my 10gal tropical tank. According to the tag, he only gets about 5 inches long. Much more reasonable for a tropical tank than the common pleco. He was also very animated. When he found food, he was, like any Pleco, very still and hard to see. But when he decided to change locations he would zoom from place to place until he a feasting spot.
Does anyone know anything about this fish? My tropical tank is still cycling, no ammonia, traces of nitrite, and nitrate in safe levels. I dont plan to add any thing until i get a complete cycle. I currently have one male sword tail, one female sword tail, and one female platy. When the cycle is complete, I do want to add couple more platies and swordtails ( not all at one time) but this lil pleco sounds just like what I want and need as bottom feeder. Cory Cats are still on my list and are certainly an option.
I was just looking for more information as this lil feller sure caught my eye!
Kuter

Ok.. does anyone know what kind of pleco stays small?????

Not personally heard of a bubblemouth pleco but another type which is fairly widely available is a Bristlenose Pleco (Ancistrus) they're another type of dwarf pleco - only growing to about 5".

Peckoltias as well, clown plecos. Also the bulldog pleco is supposed to stay small, cute little fish i think.
Just checked pl.catfish, also know as rubbernose pleco. ;)

Thanks every one. I did a search on Rubbernose Pleco and found this article. Short and concise but has some good info. If the Rubbernose is indeed what was at the Petsmart, it seems even more attractive.

pleco article

Most reactions

trending

Back