Brownies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CHEWY BROWNIE COOKIES (from C&H brown sugar bag)

2/3 c Crisco shortening
1 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 T water
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (12oz bag)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use electric mixer to mix first 4 ingredients, medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Combine all dry ingredients, add slowly, while mixing to creamed mixture, until well blended. Stir in choc. chips. Drop rounded Tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time 7-9 min at 375. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 min on sheet, remove to foil. 3 dozen.

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup real butter
1 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
3. Melt shortening, butter over low heat or in the microwave.
4. Remove from heat and add cocoa, blending well with a wooden spoon.
5. Add sugar and mix well.
6. Add eggs one at a time, beat well, by hand, after each addition. (It is important to add the eggs individually and to mix them by hand. If you don't, the brownies do not turn out near as good.).
7. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt.
8. DO NOT OVER BEAT!
9. Fold in nuts.
10. Bake 25-30 minutes.
11. Cool completely before cutting.
12. Extra Rich Variation: melt 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate with butter and shortening. Proceed as directed; reducing cocoa to 3/4 cups and increasing flour to 1 1/4 cup. These are sinfully good!

They havent been as common. All cook books never had them in and no one sold them but they are about now. Also i had my first ever oreo cookie the other day they only just came over recently (from what i know of)

Boy oh boy, you really missing out on America's junk food.

I'll get you a brownie recipe tomarrow for ya. :)

Now you can enjoy being as fat as Americans are now! :rofl:

LoL, well im in the fattest place in Europe lol and my mum is american (she moved here when she was 2 so no time to soak up any good foot techniques) dosnt look good for my waist line. Lol And you buggers i saw that supersize meal on supersize me LOL your happy meals used to be like our big macs you lucky ********.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back