Brown Slime

rberkley1983

Reaction score
I need help. I have a 200 gallon aquarium its 96" long 24" deep and 20" tall. Its been up and running for about a month and a half now. I have been testing my water and doing the weekly water changes and gravel cleanings. About 2 weeks ago I noticed brown slime on my fake plants so I took them out and threw them away. now its on all my fake plants, some of my rocks, and all around my tank below the gravel line. I scraped it off with a sponged and now my water is really nasty. It was clear before I cleaned the slime off my tank. I started a algea remover last weekend and it doesn't seem to be helping. I have 2 48" double bulb T5 HO lights on my tank. I don't overfeed. I put cichlid balls in one at a time as the fish eat them and I put in between 20-30 feeder fish a day for my alligator gar, arowana, and 3 catfish to eat.

Does anyone have any idea how to keep this from forming on my tank and decor? any suggestions will be great.

Thanks

I dont want to sound like an idiot and answer this as a serious question incase this is all a joke?

So, youve got a 6 week old tank fully stocked with an arowana, alli gar, cichlids and 3 'catfish'? The brown slime is the last of your worries (which by the way is totally normal for an immature tank, take them out and scrub them).

Best of luck :)

Most reactions

Back