Brown Marks On Dead Fish

Trance2006

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I just remembered something I wanted to ask. In the last 3 years I have had two fish die in a weird manner. The fish's side was brown, could it be the heater burned the fish and killed it?
 
i dont think a heater gets that hot. ive kept my hand on a heater while it was on for half a minute, and i still didnt get burned. if the fish actually got burned, that means the fish was sick to begin with because it wouldve had to stay on the heater for a few minutes
 
Brown marks also can be the beginning of ulcers, also rusty coloured varnish marks could of been velvet, plus brown marks can also be columnaris.
 
ive burnt my self on my heater when planting some planties it hurt very much :-( i thought they didnt get hot until that day
 
There are heater guards you can use to keep things from touching the heater though I've never used any.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top