Brown Goldfish Turning Pink

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Here are pictures of the filter:
20191011_154813.jpg
20191011_154904.jpg
20191011_154913.jpg

Ahh it's one of those filters :)

Your best bet is to look for a sponge from a different brand of filter and put the sponge against your current filter pad and leave them together for a couple of months. Then throw the filter pad away and don't replace it.

The sponge can be squeezed out in a bucket of tank water and re-used and will last 10+ years.

If you can't find a sponge that fits, buy a slightly bigger sponger and use a pair of scissors to cut it to size.

--------------------------
Established filters that are more than 6 weeks old should be cleaned at least once a month and every 2 weeks is better. However, do not clean a new filter that is less than 6 weeks old.

Filter media/ materials should be squeezed out in a bucket of tank water and re-used until they start to fall apart.

Sponges are the best media to use in any filter.

If you ever get another power filter, look for an AquaClear HOB (hang on back) style or a Fluval canister filter. They cost a bit more but have more filter media and are generally pretty good filters.

Okay thanks, I will definitely switch.
Do you have a preferred brand of sponge, and do you know where I can find one?

AquaClear is my preferred brand and they come in 3 different grades, fine, medium and course). You can use any grade and I normally use a medium and fine in my filters. You can buy them from any pet shop or check online (Ebay, Amazon, etc).

If you can't find AquaClear, then Fluval are pretty good too. But most sponges are the same so it doesn't really matter which you get.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back