Brown Algae?

Schmill

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
Anyone know if this brown colour that is gradually covering everything in the tank is some kind of algae?
Is there anything I can do to stop it, or get rid of it? I don't fancy scrubbing the gravel!

c9d8ff60.jpg


65527159.jpg
 
Relatively new, fishless cycle started back end of last year, was completed around Christmas and fish & plants went in early Jan.
 
Looks like the normal brown algae that comes from a new set up, the best you can do is rub down the glass, ornaments etc, I would turn the gravel over on a water change after a good vac, it will take a few weeks but it does eventually die back and go, its just annoying until then.
 
iv just scrubbed my 25gal due to it being covered in this and some green algea but that tank has been running for about 8 munf i must get a BN for that tankl when i get my other fishys in :)
 
Anyone know if this brown colour that is gradually covering everything in the tank is some kind of algae?
Is there anything I can do to stop it, or get rid of it? I don't fancy scrubbing the gravel!

c9d8ff60.jpg


65527159.jpg

too much algae and the nutrients in the water will be taken up by the algae leaving the fish with unhealthy water ( algal bloom )

by the look of it the algae has not completely covered the tank, so scrap of the algae before it spreads do not use any chemicals to kill the algae as most are harmful to the fish.


the good thing about a algal growth is that it confirms that ur aquarium is in good condition to start algal growth (which happens in nature ) especially brown, green is the most common.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top