Bronze cory coloration and size

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tegz

Reaction score
Hi all I hope that everyone is well.

Quick question regarding my Corys I got them both at the same time and they were about the same size and color but the one is now quite a bit bigger and has alot more colour is this normal?
IMG_20200812_102041.jpg

I would say it’s a little lady. Girls are more plump and bigger then the males

I would say it’s a little lady. Girls are more plump and bigger then the males
Thank you good to know. I only have the two for now I know they should be in a bigger group but my tank right now is way too small (advice taken by lfs) I'm waiting to collect a bigger tank I've arranged for them. Any tips for making them happier in the new tank besides increasing their numbers and using a sand substrate?

Cories are pretty easy little ones to care for. Sand substrate as you mentioned is a must as they are a filter fish and gravel can damage their barbs and also a group of 6+ more as they are a shoaling fish but you know this so at least they have each other until you get the bigger tank for them. Regular water changes and a good diet. My little guys have a field day in the sand and live plants. I feed them a variety of foods like spirulina algae wafers, sinking pellets, freezer dried tubefix worms and black worms. They also love some fruits and blanched veggies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back