Bristlenose Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tory

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im starting to get a bit upset about this. All my tanks are stable, and water parameters are where they should be.

Am hoping someone can give me some info about BN's, Ive had 3 - and all 3 have died and I dont understand why - I thought they were hardy but am obv doing something wrong

Can anyone give me any info?

maybe the shop you're getting them from [if all from the same place] might have a disease in the tank with the Bristlenoses'? ????

Hi Tory :)

You know the basics we need to know..... tank size, water temperature, tankmates, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH readings. What have you been feeding them and how much?

I'll move your thread over to the Pleco and Loricariids section. :)

Do you have any bogwood in your tank?
IME bristlenoses die fairly quickly without any bogwood to rasp on, it has been hypothesised (but not yet proven I don't think) that rasping on bogwood contributes an essential part to their diet.
Also, you need to be sure you're feeding your BNs extra food (algae is rarely enough in itself for them), and some form of protein in their diet is a good idea, mine enjoy mussels alongside algae wafers/cucmber/lettuce/bottom feeder pellets and indeed the complete plecostomus feeding tablets contain mussel so they're a good idea to feed as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back