🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
August 2019 Fish of the Month Contest (Betta only)
We had 14 awesome Betta Fish entered in the FOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:
Briggan

Let's all congratulate Briggan and her Betta named Egret

:drinks:

Here is Briggan's winning Betta and the description

7079775f-5f83-4e8d-953e-60d860731835-jpeg.93158

Here’s my betta!
Name: Egret

Type: black mustard gas
Tank: 10 gallon divided
Filter: tetra whisper 10i
Decorations: silk plants, river stones, natural gravel
Tank mates: Black crowntail male betta (divided)
Tricks: If you put your nail up to the glass, he will come right up to you, likes to follow fingers. He spends a lot of time working on his bubble nest :)

Congratulations to you , Briggan, with your beautiful and unique Betta named Egret. Well deserved win. You will soon receive a neat Fish of the Month winner banner in your profile area.

Thanks to all who participated in The Battle of the Bettas. If you didn't win, feel free to enter one of your fish in our next FOTM contest in October. But we may feature catfish only in that contest.

Meanwhile, we will be starting the next Tank of the Month contest around September 1st. Please consider entering one of your tanks in the contest. Take a nice photo or a video of your tank and be ready to enter. You will have around 7 days to enter. Winner gets a neat profile badge like mine and will be featured in a Winner's thread.

Our Pet of the Month contest resumes in mid September. You may enter any pet that you own besides fish.

Last edited:
Congrats, Briggan. Your betta is spectacular!

Congratulations Briggan! You deserve the win!! :drinks:

And let's also congratulate PheonixKingz with his Betta "Blaze" in being the runnerup and finishing in second place. Not an easy feat in a contest with 14 entries.

153E5A0B-7FE3-49F2-9B7C-5345871DAB0D.jpeg
Here’s a picture of him in his tank!
(I apologize for the filter being cut off in the pic)

wow...what a great looking Betta..he has championship blood in him..you should enter a real Betta competiton if you have fish clubs near you.

Thanks! I haven’t been able to find any fish clubs in my area but I might look into it more!

Not only is that a gorgeous Betta, the picture quality is top notch. What camera did you use and how did you get him to flare like that. Any hints on how to take such an excellent picture of a fish? You must have taken many pics before you were able to snap that perfect picture.

Well done!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back