Breeding Ghost Shrimp

firefish10

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has anyone been succesfully able to breed ghost shrimp if so how, and do you have any pointers? The tank is a 10 gallon with filter at 80F and a ph of 6.5-7.
 
If it's just the shrimp in there I'd lower the temp to 72F.

Ghost shrimp are not hard to breed, they'll do it on their own and I frequently saw my females holding eggs. The problem is raising the young. Ghost shrimp give birth to larvae, and depending on the species these may or may not require brackish/seawater to develop properly. In addition to that, they require small food when they are born.

If you want more detailed info on raising them I would do a search in the Invert board.

To be absolutely honest, it's not worth it in my opinion to go through the hassle of raising them. They're dirt cheap and not hard to come by.
 
Agree with Tyler.

Is there any particular reason that you want to breed ghost shrimp? Cherry shrimp are quite prolific and easy to breed in comparision.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top