Breeding Fish

Splatter

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 26, 2007
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Thorpe, UK
Hey all :)

Just been bumming about with my tropical and Marine tanks the last few months quietly content with how it's all going, when yeseterday I was offered to take a tank off of someone - Making me remember the 55gal sitting about doing absolutely nothing in my garage.

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that I'd quite like to breed fish - probably Discus or Angels. Could anyone offer firstly, advice on whether breeding fish returns on the money? Also, the amount of time I'd need to put in? Annndd lastly, any tips on what fish would be excellent to breed ( I was hoping to go for one of the previous mentioned)

Thanks!
 
forget discus, only for fun/pleasure too much work & too much maintenance, trust me I know LOL

angels are an easy money spinner as long as you can shift them

apisto's always do well as do corys.

as ever the more expensive species will bring higher returns, but are more difficult.
 
i find angels are a breeze to breed i have them all the time and mollies they breed like rabbits i would forget disscuss if i was you mate
hope this helps liam
 
hehe, when you say lots of maintenance, do you mean lots of waterchanges etc? :P

Alright :D I'm not sure how I'll be shifting them on though which is another complication - would an LFS buy them? Cory's would be so fun! :D I love them ^^ I think at this rate I'll take your adice and breed angels and cory's in one of the 55gals, then use the other as a holding tank or something, or breed guppies (just for kicks and giggles :P)
 
well i had difficulties breeding my angels, i would suggest another tank so you can remove the parents after they lay the eggs<my male kept eating them :rolleyes: didny have another tank to seperate,
i breed bristlenose plecs,just sold 70 very small fry about 1-2cm for £40... :good:

you will need to do daily waterchanges, best to feed live food :good:
 
I do breed fishies :) Rainbows specificailly. I get a sense of satisfaction from it (plus more green in my wallet!) Actually it just supports my fish habit. I've made about $200 in the past month. It's not alot, but it's something.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top