Breeding Betta Falx?

ezrock

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I haven't been here in a long time, and I used to mostly come here for the guppy section. Now bettas are my thing though. Anyways, I know how to successfully breed betta splendens. I have recently received a set of 5 betta falx juvies that I raised up to what seems to be close to adult size. I was wondering if anyone has bred any betta falx before. I haven't been able to find any info on what size they need to be before they're able to breed. Everywhere I read about these guys, they focus on how they 'breed like rabbits'.

Hopefully someone here has experience breeding betta falx and can help :)

Thanks,

-Ezrock

Hi everyone. I haven't been here in a long time, and I used to mostly come here for the guppy section. Now bettas are my thing though. Anyways, I know how to successfully breed betta splendens. I have recently received a set of 5 betta falx juvies that I raised up to what seems to be close to adult size. I was wondering if anyone has bred any betta falx before. I haven't been able to find any info on what size they need to be before they're able to breed. Everywhere I read about these guys, they focus on how they 'breed like rabbits'.

Hopefully someone here has experience breeding betta falx and can help :)

Thanks,

-Ezrock

Hi, ezrock,
don't know a darned thing about betta falx but just had to say Wow! Cool! Congratulations! Post lots! Post details! Post pictures people with crappy, slow computers can drool over! Post baby pictures soon!
Just looked them up and I'd like to know why women can't just spit babies at the male and go off to raise fish?

lol thanks Syph

I'll try to get some pics soon. Right now, they're pretty plain coloured. I think they really only colour up during spawning courtship, etc. I'll try moving them to a bigger tank with some caves and such (based on my readings) and hope that can trigger some spawns.

-Ezrock

a water change with slightly cooler water might trigger a spawn as well, esp if they have been conditioned like splendens.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back