Bottom Feeders & Algae Eaters

graceofbass

New Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Idaho, USA
I was recently alerted to the fact that when chinese algae eaters mature, they will eat the slime/scales off of other fish, which explains why my angelfish (from long ago) had some sores on it's body. I now have a beta in the tank and do not want the same thing to happen. I'm going to find a new home for the chinese algae eater, but I'm unsure about what to get to replace it. I love plecos, but I once had 20 baby platies in the tank, got a new pleco, and most of them disappeared. I unfortunately have also had bad luck with Corydoras, but that may be due to ignorance b/c I'm not sure if they like the same water qualities as my platies. I'm looking for whatever is compatible with the fish in my sig, and hard water. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top