Boraras merah native tank mates (separated from the other thread)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Are there any small tank mates of Boraras merah native to Borneo (Boraras merah's range)? Tomorrow I'm asking the LFS hosting the paludarium workshops if they do custom-built paludariums (65cm length x 45cm width, 35cm water height, 25cm plant height) for the workshops. They're closed on Mondays. Bigger, taller paludariums are better than the shallow ones. I'm not good at building enclosures for animals, so I'm asking the LFS for this reason. I'm very interested in this species, so I'm doing lots of research on them. Borneo is a very interesting place for fish to live in.

Hi @Colin_T, is 30 Boraras merah enough for the minimum school count? I might have to stick to custom-made because the workshops use shallow paludariums, which have poor design to the setup and that any fish can jump out of the design. I'm choosing a bigger, custom made paludarium with more water height and slightly less plant height. I'm focusing on the Borneo ecosystem and doing research on fish that live in the island. Although the calculator says the brigittae species, I wanted to see how many of these tiny fish can make a suitable school. Good thing is I'm going less than the 100% stocking level.

Attachments

• AquStockImage (3).png
    AquStockImage (3).png
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
Go to a site called fishbase. Type in the species name in Latin, and follow the links. It will tell you what fish have been caught with what fish during scientific expeditions. It's a bit of work to dig through the site (it isn't set up for hobbyists) but if you persist and explore, you'll get a lot.

What are some good tankmates for Boraras species native to Borneo? I'm thinking of setting up a big Bornean peat swamp forest paludarium for either chilli or phoenix rasboras, and I'm trying to think of a native tankmate that thrives in blackwater setups and are common in Australian LFS's. I checked the Fishbase website and it doesn't show what tankmates are for them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back