Bolivian/german Rams In A Community Tank

Would you consider getting rid of the Gouramis
 
For what instead?

I want to keep the Gouramis really... They are my main reason for needing a bigger tank in the first place anyway.
 
You could then maybe get around 5 large Tetras to school around the tank, something like Buenos Aires they can grow to 10cm, to big for the Acara to eat or Bleeding Hearts that grow to about the same or even a few Silver Dollars, they grow to about 15cm. Then you would have a nice South American themed tank. Just a thought, dont matter if you dont like it.
 
Well, something to bare in mind I guess if anything happened to the Gouramis :) They are pretty fish though, especially Grumpy himself :rolleyes:

Do I not have any room for anything else if I get the Angels, Acara, Bolivians and Cories?
 
Not really you would be just about stocked
 
Bolivian's are pretty hardy, not just relative to blue's but also in general. You just need to be consistent with frequent water changes.

Bolivian's don't usually use caves but they do need a lot of shelter as they're shy fish. A heavily planted tank with driftwood to hide behind is the go.

I'd try and get a M/F pair if I were you, but you're not necessarily doomed with two males. I have a pair of males. Neither one dominates but they do chase each other off over food.
 
Thanks - I'm pretty sure of what I'm getting now.

2 Angelfish (Koi and Marble)
1 Blue Acara
2 Bolivian Rams
6 Corydora

to go with my 2 Opaline Gourami and 1 Bulldog Pleco.

When using the 1" per gallon rule, do people use Imperial or US gallons?

Thanks for everyone's help!
 
Sounds like a good stocking to me, we use US gallons btw.
 
I use Imperial or Liters , and my Bolivians arent shy at all. They have plenty of hiding spaces so they obviously feel safe knowing that if need be there is shelter for them.

Stocking sound fine!
 
Excellent - will update you when I get the fish!

Thanks for everyone's help! :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top