Boita Compatibility

I think 3 days should be fine... Slim was on vacation for a week or so and came back and his plants were doing great with no co2 or ferts.

Cool. :) my truck died on me. So I have been car shopping the last couple days... no more extra money for me anymore!!! Lol

That's a bummer... a new car is exciting though!! Going with another truck or what?? We've always wanted to get a truck, but one with 4x4 and the double cab for our herd would be so expensive up here!! Oh the glory of ny, sigh....

I was going for a 2010 gmc sierra but they are so expensive I cant afford it. The 2008 models are still almost 20000. And I cant affor another house payment... lol. Its pretty sad thst I could get a brand new one for 5 grand more because of the sales going on and my employee discount... but as I said. Thats another house payment.. lol I found a 2007 chevrolet impala ltz that I like. Fully loaded hested seats and bose audio system. :) I dont have kids to worry about so I can get a fun car. Lol

Do I get a different title after 1200 posts?
shifty.gif

Absolutely.  If I didn't have kids, and could drive in the snow
rolleyes.gif
, I would get a nice car too
good.gif

Hey I was thinking, you could always do another stone wall, and make a path down the middle with a lighter sand, and then plant both sides. It's been done a few times, but I've never seen one with rock walls... just sayin
smile.png

I was actually planning on something to that effect, but im worried about hiding places for the loaches. :(

I'm gonna keep my truck and fix whatever is wrong with it so i can drive that in the winter. but its not reliable enough to depend on all the time. :(

I'm guessing you did get a new title :)

No, it's been leader of the fishes for a while :sad:

We always fix stuff ourselves too, well my husband does lol.  His little ford ranger is still kicking haha....

I like to add caves behind plants, somewhere in the middle ground, and have smaller stuff in front, and taller stuff behind them. Then use whatever it is, small rock cave or wood to add in java ferns or anubias, and that's what I use for middle ground plants. I had to add in some hiding places too yesterday ( or the day before?lol) bc my pictus was getting crabby with all the cories and loaches hanging around under my big piece of driftwood. But this way, I still have plenty of caves with heavy plantage (well, hopefully if it grows and fills in haha)

Well just an update. No fry made it.
sad.png
decided to put everything in the big tank. Looks great but I dont think the water wisteria will last.
sad.png
it never seems to do well in the big tank. Heres a pic. 

20130808_223233_zps5b281edc.jpg

20130808_225505_zps0f5abbfc.jpg

Sorry to hear about the fry :(  I know how it feels, it's not the best feeling.   I had to put my baby cories in my little fry tank last night, along with a bunch of tiny angel fry... it's making me nuts not knowing how they're doing :blink:

The tank looks awesome, i really love that rock wall. my wisteria is the same way!!!! The one in my 10g takes up half the tank. I've tried to grow it twice in my other tank to no avail. Maybe it will be alright since you got it going in your small tank.... who knows. The penny wort looks great too!! I wish mine would start doing something.

I let the pennywart float for a long time and it took off. I put the hob filter from the little tank back on the big tank with some api chem zorb to clear the water of tannins. I think its a penetration issue because of the tannins and my water is not very clear by itself. I had used it in my 55 gal and it made it crystal clear overnight. Hope it helps!!! Hope your fry make it thru. My 20 gal is down for a while. Dont have time for 2 tanks right now... 

I feel ya, 2 tanks is a lot!  All of the angel fry (about 30+) are all dead :no: I think they were too small to put into my little tank, and the current is def too strong. i've seen the baby cories here and there though, so at least they're okay....sigh.

Sorry to hear about the little ones. Hope some corries make it! Oh ya. I just checked on my tank and the difference from over night is anazing. its always yellow looking. Now crystal clear. Totm here I come again. Check it out

20130809_185733_zpsceae20b2.jpg

Nice growth in there bigfish. The tank looks lovely.  Some floaters would do great too to compsensate for that amount of light.

Thanks Snazy. I'm hoping to see the same type of growth that I did in the 20gal. All The water wisteria and the amazon sword were in the 20gal. It would grow quite a bit in a week. :) I cant get floaters to stay floating in my tank. I tried tying the pennywort to a suction cup, that worked very well for a little while. then the stem broke and it goes right to my power head. and makes a mess. Any ideas on a floating plant with a good strong stem that i can tie in the corner to float?

I've got no ideas really because all floaters need to stay afloat and not get damaged by strong flow or getting submerged every so oftent.  I have that same problem in the clown loach tank. The way the flow is setup kills all floating plants one way or another.

Most reactions

Back