Bogwood

New Boy Aaron

Reaction score
Hi all

could someone tell me how to introduce Bogwood into my tank i love wood and would like to have some real wood in my tank, i've bought the wood already from Pets @ home and have it sitting in some water but how along do i have to wait

:dunno:

any ideas would be greatfully recived

Thank You

Hi

You have already started by doing the right thing (soaking the bogwood). I normally leave mine to soak for a couple of days then change the water and let it soak for a further two days. After this in it goes :D

I have recently added mopani wood to my tank after two months of it sitting in buckets of water and it still is changing the colour of the water in the tank with a tinge of brown.

Previously when it was in and the water went so brown you couldn't see the back of the tank. Left it soaking and changed water every week for few months and put back ina nd same thing again. Does lessen when doing water change.

Is this ever going to stop??
Will another powerhead filter in the tank help?? have a 96litre tank.

I don't really notice the brown tinge when i have the tank light on. So it doesn't bother me at all. Its good to have something natural in there for them.

Most reactions

Back