Bogwood

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bak2nature

Reaction score
Hey people,

I have always had bogwood in my tanks (the mopani wood from LFS), recently I put an old piece back in. This piece had been left to fully dry out a few months ago when I changed the tank around, once dry it was bagged up and stored.

Once this piece was put back in the tank, after about a week I noticed a cotton wool type fungus on some of the plants and on the gravel, and over the wood and rocks it was like a webbing that appeared to be spreading out.

None of the fish have been affected (think the loaches were eating it?!), does anbody know if the wood was the cause and how to cure it? I have heard that you shouldn't let it dry out once used.

Thanks,
bak2

Thanks for the info, if you come across the other piece of info please let me know as I want to find out how to deal with this.

Cheers,
Bak2.

Try to post some pics of what you're talking about, I'm sure you will get your answer then.! :)

It will go away on it's own after a few weeks or months. For now it won't harm the fish and you can manually remove it. I had it with my mopani at first.

freddyk said:
For now it won't harm the fish and you can manually remove it.
If it's staghorn algae, then yea. just be patient and don't be shy to get your hands dirty removing this ghastly algae from your tanks. I've been having the same problem for a couple of months, but slowly it's going away. Good Luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back