blue lobsters are in da house/tank :D

yay one of them has molted already yesterday.

i think i know which one it was but it's come out of surprisingly blue!!

1 of the crays has dug a hole between 2 bits of slate and it's diggin under one of the peices aswell, kind of worried it's going to calaspe on her.

BIt annoying as my molts in pretty bad shape for display as 1 of them was chewing on it!!

no fair i want it!!

Will egg shells substitute that or do they need the gooey bits out of there shell???

plus it's already dried out and sitting with the crab molts!

I have a small collection of cray shells/skins. I do leave the molt in there for a while but mine don't seem to bother woth it. I feed my crays crab cusine which as calcium in it and also crushed eggshell. Of course thats not all I feed them, I like mine to have a varied diet. :D

I give mine some veg aswell, they like a bit of prawn aswell!!.

I started work at my LFS and there was 1 blue cray there so i though i would still what sex and it's a male so I just switched it for one of my females today :D

my female had her 2nd moult yesterday and is now much bigger than the male.

she's getting a great size, hopefully the tank upgrade won't need to come too quickly though

cool! them crays will be breeding in no time :D

If u want info on breeding them, ask :) i have bred to many crays to count :S

Hopfully, then I can flog the crays at work!!

Oki dokey.....

At what size are they mature?

how do you get them to mate/

I have two young blue Cherax Destructors...one moulted and came out dark like a normal yabby..is that because I had darker gravel and a 1/2 terra cotta pot for a "cave"? The other hasn't moulted and is still bright blue...At what size can I breed them? I have them living separately now because I don't want one to eat the other...what do I do to avoid that when I put them together?

hi there,

the colours is just the stage they go through when moulting, i expect it will colour up again soon.

ask from questions on www.bluecrayfish.com there's a good forum on there with crayfish boffins in there!!

the link to the forum is at the bottom of the page and has php in the address!!

Most reactions

Back