Blue lobster eating a platy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jay2jay99

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had 4 two month old platies and a 2 month old blue lobster, last night one of my platies gave birth to one fry and by the look of what was coming out of her, appears to have aborted the rest and one of my platies has disappeared, could the lobster have eaten and removed every trace of that platy in the night even though it has never even taken any notice of the fish?

Jay.

Yes, they can. They will take any fish they can get their mitts on. Sorry about the loss.

Yes sorry about the loss...Your other platies are at risk aswell....anything those claws can get a hold of is done for. Again sorry :byebye:

One thing I tell everybody who is interested in lobsters/crayfish is that if they want to keep them, then they had better keep them in a species tank. As said above, any fish they can catch, they will eat.

Hmm, suprised how quickly he devoured her and didn't leave a trace, but I had a good look around in there and she is not any where to be seen. typical, she was my favourite! I'll have to get rid of the lobster, it's a shame, very interesting to watch.

Jay.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back