Blue Fish?

b0668099

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Huddersfield W.Yorks
Ok so i have now cycled my tank, all my readings are correct and have been for a while, i mistakenly did a fish in cycle, (bad information from a good friend who gave me the tank). I am ready to stock a variation of community fish. Already in there are a common plec (i know he gets big-but the lfs said they would swap him for a smaller one when i feel he is too big), 4 zebra danios, 3 neon tetra (i had five but lost one to white spot and the other to my filter) and 2 red honey gourami, and a single tiny yoyo loach (miracle fish - i will post the story if anyone is interested).

My tank is 100ltr i think thats about 26 gallon (U.S)?

I would like 2 more species of fish really to complete my set -up, i really like the look of tiger barbs, but they come with a poor reputation, but i was thinking about taking a chance on 5/6 of them, also i would like a small blue schooling fish to complement them, now at my LFS they have limited variation but they do order in. So any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,

(plus i am not totally sold on the tiger barbs so if anyone knows of an alternative that would be better but similar colours that would be great too)

Thanks alot.
 
alternative to tiger barb with almost identical colours is pentazona barb just like tigers but much more peacefull
 
Have seen some very nice Blue Coloured Sword tails, and I have a few Platties some of which are a good blue, but they came with a tank and I do not know there history, might be that there were sword tails and platties in the tank orginially and they crossbred, have not found any platties yet as blue as the ones I have.

Either of the above would make a nice group, either go for single sexed or 1 or 2 males with 5 or 4 females, though expect to see some fry.

I'll try and get a photo of the Blue Plattie if I can tomorrow.

StatMan

PS

I see you have some gourami's already but I really like the Opaline which have a definite leaning toward blue.

StatMan
 
Have seen some very nice Blue Coloured Sword tails, and I have a few Platties some of which are a good blue, but they came with a tnak and I do not know there history, might be that there were sword tails and platties in the tank orginially and they crossbred, have not found any platties yet as blue as the ones I have.

Either of the above would make a nice group, either go for single sexed or 1 or 2 males with 5 or 4 females, though expect to see some fry.

I'll try and get a photo of the Blue Plattie if I can tomorrow.

StatMan

PS

I see you have some gourami's already but I really like the Opaline which have a definite leaning toward blue.

StatMan

i think opaline are cool too, but the three lfs in my area dont stock them, at least not blue ones. I will go see if they have any blue sword tails this afternoon,
 
Praecox rainbows aka neon blue dwarf rainbows, usually easy to find, peaceful, great blue colouration, males have red on their fins, female orange. A shoal of 8 would be nice.
 
Have seen some very nice Blue Coloured Sword tails, and I have a few Platties some of which are a good blue, but they came with a tnak and I do not know there history, might be that there were sword tails and platties in the tank orginially and they crossbred, have not found any platties yet as blue as the ones I have.

Either of the above would make a nice group, either go for single sexed or 1 or 2 males with 5 or 4 females, though expect to see some fry.

I'll try and get a photo of the Blue Plattie if I can tomorrow.

StatMan

PS

I see you have some gourami's already but I really like the Opaline which have a definite leaning toward blue.

StatMan

i think opaline are cool too, but the three lfs in my area dont stock them, at least not blue ones. I will go see if they have any blue sword tails this afternoon,

Where are you? I have travelled a bit recently around South east and can name a few places that had opaline's.

On the other hand you could be hundreds of miles away, why not update your profile with your location, makes it easy for people to put things in context:

Location can be updated here:

[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=01"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=01[/URL]

StatMan

PS sorry forgot to photo the Blue Platty will try and do so tomorrow.
 
Got the photo's tried to add them to the post but I can't find the option.

Tried to create a new thread and a dd a picture to that, but no picture upload option either.

Am I being stupid or is there some sort of forum restriction?

StatMan
 
Got the photo's tried to add them to the post but I can't find the option.

Tried to create a new thread and a dd a picture to that, but no picture upload option either.

Am I being stupid or is there some sort of forum restriction?

StatMan
I should update my profile it is true. I am in huddersfield in w. yorks. I got a Opaline who is blueish and two neon rainbows. Tank looks good, just waiting on my order of pentazona barbs to come through at the lfs. Thanks for all your help. plus my yoyo has two new yoyo pals, for some reason they do not look like him, they are from different shops and are alot skinnier than he is although they are longer, now they are the same species i am pretty sure, unless there is another species of loach who looks just like yoyos. anyway i was hoping they would frolic together but so far they have barely even glanced at eachother. infact i am pretty sure he thinks he is a ruby barb as he just follows them around all day.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top